uncw office of
We are located in:
118 Friday Annex
Our mailing address is:
Maike Walbrecht, ESL Coordinator
UNCW ESL Program
Office of International Programs
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403-5965
You may also contact us by:
International House - Interests
The International House is a living-learning environment shared by American and International students to celebrate cultural diversity. International House provides a culturally rich environment where American and international students room together to learn and grow from their shared experiences. The International House features a dynamic student population with members committed to diverse, intercultural programs and experiences. In choosing to live in the International House, each resident agrees to take an active part in the life of the building. From participation in the house government, to cooking international holiday dinners, to joining the International Student Organization, each member of the house is a vital part of the community.
In order to participate in the International House Program and reside in the International House, residents must meet the following qualifications:
- Be of full-time student status each semester.
- Be in good standing with UNCW's student judicial process.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Be an active member of the community.
International House Guidelines
As a living-learning community, members of the International House must agree to and abide by the following guidelines and community expectations:
- Serve as a positive role model. As such, residents of International House will:
- Be an active member of the International House community. An active member of the community will: participate in the International House Government, participate in the Residence Hall Association, be involved in leadership roles in other campus organization, and/or International Programs.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Abide by all UNCW and Housing and Residence Life policies.
- International House residents are expected to participate in all
aspects of the International House Program. Each member must
actively participate in the following activities during the academic
- Each resident will assist in planning and/or cooking one of the International House dinners sponsered by the International House.
- Each resident will either individually or as part of a group coordinate and/or make a presentation to the International House residents concerning some aspect of their native culture.
- Each resident will participate in the "Take a Faculty to Lunch" program atleast once a semester.
- International House residents will have the option of participating in specially planned trips approximately twice during the academic year.
- International House residents are expected to work in a positive manner to resolve personal differences. Failing this approach, residence life staff will work to provide mediation and resolution to personal issues.
For more information on UNCW's International Program please visit the following website http://www.uncw.edu/international/Application for International House