Staff Development & Training: Staff Training
***New employees are required to complete the education within 6 months
All employees are required to participate in training (either in person or online) every 3
Harassment Awareness Mini-Conferences
Conducted by the Office of Human Resources and the Office of the General Counsel. All UNCW employees are encouraged to attend these sessions to learn what behaviors constitute harassment, how to be responsible for one’s behavior, and how to work toward creating an environment which is free of harassment. The session involves an interactive process in which scenarios are presented to participants using a case-study approach.
Please register here
February 11, 2014
April 7, 2014
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
|Location||Warwick Center Ballroom|
|Audience||All UNCW Employees|
General Counsel & Human Resources Personnel
Harassment Awareness Online
All UNCW employees are encouraged to learn what behaviors constitute harassment, how to be responsible for one’s behavior, and how to work toward creating an environment which is free of harassment. You may complete an online version of the Harassment Awareness education which averages one hour in length. Detailed instructions are below. To use the computer based training, please log into SeaPort at http://seaport.uncw.edu using your e-mail username and password.
- Pop-up blockers need to be turned off in order for the course to run. You may receive a message which will instruct you how to fix this issue.
- Faculty can find the link to CBT-SkillPort on the Faculty tab-Faculty Services channel. (left side of the screen)
- Staff can find the CBT-SkillPort on the Employee tab-Employee Services channel. (right side of the screen)
- Once in SkillPort, click on the Catalog link on the black bar at the top of the page, and then select the UNCW Custom Content Repository.
- There will be two “unlawful workplace harassment” courses available: Supervisor/Manager and Faculty/Staff. Please choose the course that fits your primary position.
- Click on the “play” button to start the course. If you have problems accessing the course, please contact TAC at 2-4357.
- You have successfully completed the course when you score 80% or higher on the course test. Human Resources will receive a record of your course completion.
New employees are required to complete the education within 6 months of hire. All employees are required to participate in training every 3 years.