Student Inventory Assistant
The Office of Housing and Residence Life at UNC Wilmington employ a student staff that serves as inventory control support for the Housing Maintenance Supervisor. The student staff is an important part of the day to day operations and the summer turn around process. A major area of responsibility is customer service and organization. Please refer to the position description below for detailed information.
- Position Responsibilities
- Qualifications & Requirements
- Work to assist in the establishment of inventory systems for new and existing inventory
- Utilizing computer based inventory systems [Assetwin] to help maintain an accurate and up to date inventory count
- Responsible to the cleanliness and organization of two Housing and Residence Life warehouses and Maintenance shop
- Utilize the Housing Maintenance Request/Work order system to assist in driving the day to day operation of the Maintenance Staff
- Assist the maintenance supervisor in maintaining accurate records and creating reports
- Participate in a staff meeting twice a month
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain a high level of customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicant must be a UNCW student in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must have demonstrated the willingness to accept supervision
- Must demonstrate ability to follow directions
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Committed to successful teamwork.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under time constraints or within a specific schedule
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Maintenance or facilities experience is beneficial however not required
- Must be in good judicial standing with the University
- Student Inventory Assistant's start at $8.00hr with potential to increase with continued employment.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equal educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status or relationship to other university constituents - except where sex, age or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for state-funded employee benefit programs. Questions regarding program access may be directed to the Compliance Officer, UNCW Chancellor's Office, 910.962.3000, Fax 910.962.3483. UNCW residence halls allow all students the opportunity to become actively involved in campus life. The Office of Housing and Residence Life provides a variety of programs and activities in and around the residence halls to enhance students' total educational experience. All of the residence halls are accessible in that they have elevators and adapted restrooms. Further, entrances to all buildings are either ramp-accessible or located on the ground floor. The first floor of each residence hall has all the services that are available on higher-level floors to allow students with disabilities equal access to services. The Suites and University Apartments have some first-floor units that have been designed to accommodate students with disabilities. For further information, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (910) 962-3241.