Assistant Residence Coordinator
The Assistant Residence Coordinator position is a nine-month graduate assistantship position in a residence hall or area of 400-600 students. The Assistant Residence Coordinator assists the Residence Coordinator in the administration of the residence hall/area. Responsibilities include staff supervision, staff training and development, student group advising, counseling, and crisis management.
Time commitment will be 20 hours per week. However, hours may vary during heavy weeks of the year.
Area Chapter Advising and Leadership Development
- Serve as primary advisor for Area Chapter
- Aid in the development of student leadership opportunities
- Assist students in developing programs within the hall/area
- Develop and implement training programs for student leaders
- Assist in facilitating weekly Area Chapter meetings
- Serve as a resource person for hall leaders
- Support and assist in Residence Hall Association (RHA) recruitment and programming efforts
Desk Staff and RA Supervision
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise student desk staff
- Assist the Residence Coordinator with supervision, training, and selection of resident assistants
- Provide feedback of desk and resident assistant staff
- Assume administrative duties of the Residence Coordinator in his/her absence
- Serve as liaison to the Night Security staff
- Perform key audits and assist with loaner key process
- Required to attend weekly meetings for area staff, Area Chapter, RHA general body, professional staff, and bi-weekly or weekly meetings with the Residence Coordinator and Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Serve as Co-chair on departmental and division committees
- Maintain office hours on a weekly basis to maintain hall visibility
- Maintain day-to-day operation of front desk, included but not limited to: paperwork, keys, employee time sheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Counseling and Crisis Management
- Respond to emergency building situations and inform appropriate personnel
- Respond to crisis situations while assuming campus pager coverage responsibilities
- Act as a first response counselor for students in crisis and with personal concerns
- Serve as a resource and make appropriate referrals to other campus resources
- Serve as part of a professional staff on-call duty rotation
- Meal Plan
- Free, fully-furnished apartment with utilities (cable, water, electricity, internet)
- Stipend of $627/month (dispersed on the 15th of each month Sept-May)
- Paid summer employment opportunities are available
- On-campus parking pass
- Tuition adjustment (Out of state rate will be adjusted to in state rate)
- $1000/year in professional development funds
- Online Application Available
- Priority Application Deadline - March 1, 2016
- Interested applicants must also apply to preferred graduate program by March 1, 2016
*Applicants: Make sure you are available to attend the March 18th/19th interview weekend. Best of luck!
All candidates applying for the Assistant Residence Coordinator position, with a start date of July 2016, can begin accessing the application online starting November 2, 2015. Candidates should plan on being available to attend the ARC Interview Weekend, scheduled for March 18th and 19th. All application materials should be submitted to Teddy Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "ARC_Application_candidates.last.name."
Completed Applications Should Include:
- On-line Application
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references (requires valid email addresses and phone numbers)
If you have any questions or comments about the Assistant Residence Coordinator position or the application timeline, please contact Sarah Autieri, Assistant Director of Residence Life at 910-962-2457 or email@example.com.