The following documentation does not guarantee a residency change, but may strengthen your case for in-state residency.
- Documents of residence for the past 12 months (i.e., lease/notarized statement from landlord).
- Copy of Federal and State tax returns for the previous year. Include copy of parent's tax return if you are under the age of 24.
- Year-to-date cumulative wage earnings statements from all jobs held for the current year and/or for the past 12 months.
- Evidence you are a registered voter in North Carolina.
- Evidence of motor vehicle ownership - registration card in North Carolina.
- Copy of North Carolina Driver's License.
- Evidence of employment and/or means of financial support (i.e., student loans, scholarships, etc).
- Evidence of membership in community professional associations, unions, churches, or other organizations.
- Evidence that you filed personal property or real property returns.
- If you are an alien, you must provide a copy of your residence status document issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.