To be eligible for graduation, graduate students must:
- Apply for graduation through SeaNet
- Be enrolled and registered in the term you intend to graduate (*)
- Have completed, or in the process of completing, all degree requirements. (Degree requirements must be completed the by end of the term that you intend to graduate.)
* Graduate students must be enrolled in the term in which they complete their graduate work or are scheduled to receive their degree.
Regardless of the course of action selected, all graduate students must either:
- be enrolled in thesis preparation courses for credit
- be enrolled in continuous registration (GRC 600)
- be enrolled in a course for credit in their program of study in the term in which they receive their degree.
Graduate students not complying with the policy stated above will be notified after the drop/add period has expired and will have 10 working days to comply with the policy or face possible dismissal from Graduate School.
To be eligible for commencement participation, graduate students must complete all degree requirements. A graduate student may participate only in the graduation ceremony in the term in which they graduate. If you have questions, please contact the Graduate School at 910.962.3866.
Graduate students who have completed all degree requirements for July graduation, may participate in the December ceremony and their names will be listed in the December commencement program; graduate students who have completed all degree requirements for December graduation, may participate in the December ceremony and their names will be listed in the December commencement program; graduate students who have completed all degree requirements for May graduation, may participate during the May ceremony and their names will be listed in the May commencement program.
Continue to Application Instructions