In all academic programs, forms are a necessary administrative tool. That said, the following information and direct links are intended to provide Graduate Liberal Studies (GLS) students with some of the tools they may need to navigate UNCW's administrative seas.
Students and faculty are encouraged to point out to the GLS Program Assistant any necessary forms that may be missing from this listing.
Graduate School Forms
Applications to the MALS degree or Post-Master's (PM) Liberal Studies certificate programs must start with an application to the UNCW Graduate School. With the exception of the submission of transcripts and any test scores (GRE/MAT not required for GLS programs), all material is submitted on-line. Go to the Graduate School's "Graduate School Application Steps" page and follow instructions.
The Graduate School's "Graduate School Forms" page has four sub-sections (Admissions, Current Students, Coordinators, and Faculty/Staff). Each sub-section, with its contents, is discussed below. To find links or instructions relevant to the actual forms, go to the indicated sub-section and click on the form of interest.
- Graduate School "Dissertation" and "Thesis" forms are not used by GLS students and thus are not listed herein.
- Extension of Degree Time Limit
- Graduation Application
- Leave of Absence
- Registration Forms - Only those forms of interest to GLS students are listed.
- 591, Directed Independent Study - click on "591" under "Form." (Note: Forms requesting this course must be submitted to the GLS Program Director at least two days prior to the relevant semester/session drop/add deadline.)
- 598, Not relevant to GLS students; our GLS 598 uses SeaNet for enrollment.
- 599, Thesis Hours - click on "599" under "Form." (for post-master's GLS students only)
- Continuous Enrollment - click on "Continuous Enrollment" under "Form." (use if registering for GLS 600 for the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time)
- Permission to Extend - click on "Permission to extend Continuous Enrollment" under "Form." (use if registering for GLS 600 for the 4th time or more)
- Internship Hours - click on "Internship" under "Form." (Note: Forms requesting this course must be submitted to the GLS Program Director at least two days prior to the relevant semester/session drop/add deadline.)
- Residency (both for non-resident and armed forces) - GLS students with residency questions should go to the Graduate School's web page "North Carolina Residency Information." Links to forms and information will be available at that site.
- Transfer Credit - This link takes you to the Graduate School's "Transfer Credit" web page. Follow the instructions thereon.
- Travel Grant Application - This link is to the actual form. See below for information about travel awards.
- Withdrawal - Review this link carefully if withdrawing and use the correct procedure as documented on the web page.
- Assistantship Agreement -- to be initiated by the department for graduate students who will be receiving assistantships
- Change of Program Graduate Coordinator -- to be completed when a new Graduate Coordinator steps in.
- Curriculum Change Form -- to request change to course information or degree requirement changes
- Internship Agency Approval -- to request approval of internship agencies for graduate internships
- Graduate Faculty Application -- to request graduate faculty status
- Admission Deferments or Withdrawal of Application: Information and a link to the appropriate form are found on the Graduate School's web page "Congratulations on Acceptance ...."
- For those undergraduate students wishing to enroll in a GLS course, there is a link to the form on the Registrar's "Student Forms" web page.
- Information and links are available at the Graduate School's web page "Graduate Student Travel Awards."
Graduate Liberal Studies Program Forms
The following forms are relevant to the Graduate Liberal Studies program.
- Change of MALS Final Project Director and/or Reader -- Request Form
- MALS Final Project Proposal Form -- Spring 2017
- MALS Advising Sheet - Updated 10/20/2015
- Post-Master's Certificate Program in Graduate Studies -- Advising Sheet
- Faculty Startup Worksheet
- **Final Project MALS Assessment Form and Instructions - A
- **Final Project MALS Assessment Form and Instructions - S
- Part-Time Teaching Assignments in the College of Arts and Sciences
- PMCLS Assessment Form and Instructions
- Peer Evaluation of Teaching Form (online courses)
- Peer Evaluation of Teaching Form (classroom courses)
** "A" assessment forms are to be used with MALS final projects with artist statements. "S" assessment forms are to be used with MALS final projects that are scholarly and/or research oriented.
Many other UNCW administrative forms are available from the Administrative Forms Directory.
Last Update: January 26, 2017