Myths and Truths about Russia, Summer 2015
Lead by: Roza Starodubtseva, lecturer
May 18th – June 18th 2015
Russia is an important hub for large-scale international business, providing a wealth of career opportunities for those who combine their economics, business, political science, art background with the ability to speak Russian. And knowing Russian will help you get around while traveling toa number of beautiful and exciting places whose native languages are rarely taught.
The main part of the program is set in St. Petersburg, Russia, and will be hosted by St. Petersburg State University of Economics (UNECON). Russian language classes are taught by highly-qualified faculty and were taken by the US students before with great success. After 3 weeks on the University campus, located in the historical downtown, the group will be transferred to Moscow, visiting few selected cities of the Russian Golden Ring on their way. After 4 days of visiting museums and sightseeing in Moscow, the group will return to the US.
- 6 semester credits, including 3 credits in Russian Language and 3 credits in Topics in Russian Studies, individually chosen by the students according to their interest and major concentration.
- Two levels of Russian language, provided by highly-qualified faculty of St. Petersburg State University of Economics
- Learning about Russian culture in an authentic environment in the heart of Russia
- UNCW faculty member on site (St. Petersburg native) and SRAS Support
- Regular excursions to museums, parks, and attractions, with student rates based on students all having ISIC cards
- make life-long friends
Read more (PDF)
Other opportunities in Russia