for Faculty Senate Meeting
September 10, 2013
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. EB 162
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of May 2013 minutes
Special order of
Election of the Vice President, the Secretary and the Steering Committee of the Senate.
4. Individual Reports
a. Chancellor Miller.
b. President of the Senate Lugo.
· Preparing for RTP revision
§ Governance documents updated (primer, handbook, senate bylaws)
§ Academic Freedom Resources – AAUP
· SharePoint site update
· Student Success (Transmittal letter #83)
· University Studies update (Yield to Posey)
· Transition to IDEA (Discussion at end for the good of the order)
5. Committee Reports
Standards committee offers the following motions:
[Motion 2013-09-M01]: Limits on DIS courses
[Motion 2013-09-M02]: Policy on Individuated Instruction Courses
University Studies Advisory Committee offers the following motion
[Motion 2013-09-M03] Catalogue copy
That the attached list of courses be included under University Studies in the catalogue
· List of proposed courses
· Course Action form
Buildings and Grounds committee offers the following motion:
[Motion 2013-09-M04] Motion on S&B renovations.
d. Report from Faculty Assembly on Budget
· 2013 Budget Recap
· 2013 Salary Increase Instructions
6. Old Business
[Motion 2013-05-M04] WI and IL motion (Reeves of behalf of science chairs)
7. New Business
8. For the Good of the Order
· University Studies
· Transition to IDEA
9. Announcements: University and AA initiatives summary