III. Officers & steering committee
D. Steering committee duties
- Appoint the members of all standing committees of the Senate.
- Advise the Chancellor and chief academic officer on matters
of mutual concern to both administration and faculty at such
times that the full Senate is unable
- Provide for study and review of the Faculty
Faculty Senate Bylaws; Policies of Academic
Freedom and Tenure;
and Faculty Handbook,
to the Senate such revisions or amendments as are deemed appropriate and
- Conduct elections for Autonomous Faculty Committees [see procedures]
and Faculty Assembly delegates.
- Assist the President of the Senate in preparing the agenda
of Senate meetings.
- Assist the President of the Senate in preparing and administering
the Senate budget.
- Determine whether recommendations originating with standing
committees are substantive, and require a vote of the Senate.
All such determinations
be reported in a timely fashion to the Senate by the President of