III. Officers & steering committee
C. Election of officers & terms of office
- The President-Elect of the Senate shall be elected from the
Senate at a December meeting and assume the office of President
on July 1 of the following year. [Revised 9/10/96; see previous
- An individual may serve a maximum of four consecutive terms
as President of the Senate, and may subsequently be re-elected.
- The Vice President, the Secretary of the Senate, and the four
additional members of the Steering Committee shall be elected
by the Senate at its first
of the academic year.
- The President shall become Immediate Past President when a
new president assumes office and shall hold this position for
- In the event that a Steering Committee position (except the
position of President or Immediate Past President) becomes vacant,
conduct an election to fill the vacant position.
- Terms of office for officers of the Senate and members of the
Steering Committee are one year.