Regular meetings of the Faculty Senate shall be held once a month during
the academic year. Special meetings may be called by the President of
the Senate, by the Chancellor, or upon the written request of ten members
of the Senate or twenty members of the faculty.
- The agenda for each meeting shall be prepared by the President
of the Senate in consultation with the Senate Steering Committee.
- The agenda of regular meetings shall include:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Minutes
- Report of the Chancellor and/or Member of Administration
- Report of the President of the Senate
- Report of the Faculty Assembly Delegates
- Committee Reports
- Old Business
- New Business
- Items for Senate consideration may be presented, in writing,
by any member or group of members of the faculty. Such requests
shall be sent at least one
week before the scheduled meeting to the President, who shall see that
the items are placed on the agenda of the next meeting. [See
Art. I, Sec. 7 - Gov.
- The agenda shall be followed unless set aside by two-thirds
majority of those present.
- The agenda and the minutes of Senate meetings shall be distributed
to all faculty, vice chancellors, members of the Board of Trustees,
Faculty Senates/Councils at the other constituent universities within
UNC system, and the President of Student Government Association.