If you're looking for someone in the department, here is a good place to start. The Provost heads up this flow chart, and the lecturers of office staff round it out. Click here.
Can't find the internship coordinator? Want to call the chairman? All the details are here.
English Department policies
Find here all the information you need on Administration, Evaluation, Hiring, Mentoring and Teaching. Click here.
Get into Sharepoint by logging in here.
Who's in their office and when? All the details are here.
Professor, Director of Faculty Leadership
Ph.D., University of South Carolina
M.A., University of South Carolina
B.A., University of Virginia
Professor Gould teaches courses in rhetoric and composition, American literature, and eighteenth-century British literature.
ENG 223: American Literature to 1870
ENG 224: American Literature since 1870
ENG 335: Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature
ENG 350: American Romanticism
- with Kathleen Gould. “College Anthologies of Readings and Assumptions about Literacy.” College Composition and Communication 37 (1986): 204-11.
- with John Heyda. “Literacy Education for the Basic Writer: A Survey of College Composition Courses.” Journal of Basic Writing 5.2 (1986): 8-27.
- Gould, Christopher. “Literature in the Basic Writing Course: A Bibliographic Survey.” College English 49 (1987): 550-66.
- Gould, Christopher. “Assessing Teaching Effectiveness in English: Procedures, Issues, Strategies.” ADE Bulletin 102 (1992): 44-52.
- Gould, Christopher. “Teaching Effectiveness: Myths and (Mis)Measurements.” ADE Bulletin 137 (2005): 39-49.