M.Ed. Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Education (M.Ed.) program are required to submit the following to the Graduate School:
- An application for graduate admission
- Official copies of transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate)
- Official scores on the Miller Analogies Test or Graduate Record Exam
- Three recommendations by individuals in relevant professional fields
- A 2-3 page typed letter of application which includes a description of the applicant's professional goals, educational interests in pursuing graduate study, and philosophy of teaching.
The criteria for graduate admissions decisions include:
- A grade average of "B" in the undergraduate major
- Satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test or the Graduate Record Exam
- Satisfactory letters of recommendation from appropriate references
- Satisfactory writing skills indicated by the letter of application
- Must hold or be qualified to hold a NC class "A" teacher licensure in at least one area of secondary education content
Admissions decisions are based upon several factors and where other indicators of success warrant, individuals who fall below the established criteria in one of the areas may be considered for admission.
Please check the current Graduate School Catalogue for additional requirements.
- Spring Semester - October 15
- Summer I - March 15
- Summer II - March 15
- Fall Semester - May 15
Students who seek professional improvement or licensure renewal but do not intend to pursue a degree may register for graduate courses through procedures established for non-degree students. NOTE: Licensure requirements change, and requirements must be adjusted to accommodate new mandated competencies and guidelines.