Diversity Committee Goals
- Goal 1: To increase recruitment and retention of diverse students and continue to develop communities of support
- Goal 2: Continue to improve retention of faculty, staff, internship supervisors, and partnership teachers from diverse backgrounds including race, language, culture, and background.
- Goal 3: To assist faculty in expanding their knowledge and use of culturally responsive practices to successfully meet the needs of all P-12 learners.
- Goal 4: To ensure that all students in WCE programs have experiences with faculty, staff, partnership teachers, and internship supervisors from diverse backgrounds.
- Goal 5: To ensure that education students have experiences with students from diverse backgrounds through coursework, field experiences internships and community-based projects.
- Goal 6: To foster community connections and alliances with community agents/agencies to expand the Watson College of Education's commitment to diversity and to further enhance opportunities for Watson College of Education students.
- Goal 7: To increase opportunities and options in all program areas for students and faculty to participate in cross-cultural international study and experiences.