Please review the FAQs page before initiating contact. The university aims to ensure the most effective exchange of information surrounding this matter and, as such, encourages you to read the below contact information carefully.
Please refrain from calling individual offices or contacts on campus, including ITS, the ITS help desk (TAC), etc., as this will slow down the university’s ability to complete this investigation. All callers will be referred to uncw.edu/datasecurity.
- To request your credit report, which will be sent to you free of charge, visit: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
- To request a fraud alert from one of the credit bureaus, contact any one of the three major credit bureaus:
- For residents of North Carolina who would like to report a security breach: http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/81eda50e-8feb-4764-adca-b5c47f211612/Report-a-Security-Breach.aspx
- If you are not a resident of North Carolina, you can find contact info for your state's Attorney General here:
- The North Carolina Department of Justice offers an ID Theft Victim Toolkit here: http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/72acfaad-4d0b-4b7e-a8de-f6bcbc8b3eb5/ID-Theft-Victim-Toolkit.aspx