- Wilmington Housing Authority received national recognition for the partnership with the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) Award of Merit in July 2010. The award is given for innovative programming in Public Housing.
- The Community Garden at Hillcrest was featured in the April 2010 issue of WILMA Magazine.
- The Community Campus Friends Food and Fun Program was featured in the Star News on March 17, 2010; "Hillcrest Class Teaches Kids About Healthy Eating" by Chelsea Kellner.
- Research completed by the spring 2010 public sociology class was published in the fall 2010 issue of the peer-reviews research journal Explorations. The article was titled “Building Community Capacity in Resource Poor Neighborhoods: Community-University Partnerships” and was authored by Kim Lancaster, Amanda Smith, Lindsay Carrier, Joanna Dick, Elizabeth Dodson, Hillary Geen, Jessica Glovas, Lacey Hancock, Erin O’Donnell, and Allison Whitley.
- Research completed at the Community Campus was also presented at the 2010 Colonial Academic Alliance Undergraduate Research Conference in Richmond in April. Amanda Smith, public sociology student presented her evaluation of the Community Campus.
- The Community Campus was featured in an October 14, 2009 article in The Seahawk entitled “UNCW Public Sociology Students Building Community and Promote Health” written by Amanda Smith.
The Community Campus has received the following grants
Cape Fear Garden Grant - $1,000 (2010)
College of Arts and Sciences Applied Learning Grant - $1000 (2010)
Friends of UNCW - $1,000 (2009)
Friends of UNCW - $500 (2010)
IBM grant – KidSmart Computers $14,000 (2009)