Commencement Announcements Sent
“Taking Flight” is a senior capstone program that was generated in August
2011. Charged by Vice Chancellor Pat Leonard, the program consists of four
workshop series for graduating students centered on making meaning of their UNCW experiences and their transition into the post graduate world.
- Graduation Application & Deadlines
- Fall 2012 Commencement (videos)
If you have questions about commencement, contact the
Office of Transition Programs
The University of North Carolina Wilmington marks its highest achievement – the graduation of students from bachelor, master or doctoral degree programs – with commencement ceremonies in Trask Coliseum. A total of 1,592 students from the Class of 2013 will participate in two ceremonies December 14, 2013. See the video highlights from May 2013 commencement ceremonies.
The class includes many outstanding students, such as:
- Keenan Withers, recipient of a Fulbright Scholarship;
- Dana Cronkhite, recipient of the 2013 Toby Brown Award from the National Association of Social Workers North Carolina Chapter;
- Sammy Pisano, an Upperman Scholar, former Student Government Association (SGA) president and senior class president;
- Keith Frasier, SGA president;
- Michelle Becker, the first student to earn a Master of Education in Higher Education from UNCW;
- Matthew Birk, a Hollings Scholarship recipient who participated in a marine science research internship through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA);
- and Keith Rendleman, First Team, All-Conference, Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) in basketball.
The ceremonies serve as an opportunity for the campus community to celebrate students’ accomplishments while honoring the contributions and support of their families and friends. Commencement also recognizes the dedication and service of the faculty and staff who inspire and encourage UNCW students to excel during the journey of learning.
Send congratulatory messages to the Class of 2013 via Twitter using hashtag #UNCW2013.
Fall 2013 Commencement Ceremonies
The schedule of UNCW commencement ceremonies is noted below. All ceremonies will take place in Trask Coliseum. Tickets are not required to attend a commencement ceremony.
|Cameron School of Business, Watson College of Education and College of Health and Human Services||9:30 a.m.|
|College of Arts & Sciences||1:00 p.m.|
Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremonies
The spring 2014 commencement ceremonies will be held on May 9 and May 10. Please click here for more information.