2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 7, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - Jim Harvey's entrepreneurial spirit combined with a passion for helping customers succeed, drive him to help developers market and monetize their apps. In celebration of UNCW's commencement activities, Jim, a UNCW graduate, will be here to tell his story and share his experiences in business and in life since leaving UNCW. Register now!
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Wilmington Investor Network
Wilmington Investor Network is a private equity fund of angel investors located in Wilmington NC. Working with the UNCW Entrepreneur Center offers a unique opportunity to learn of new investments in their earliest stage. WIN members come from all areas of business, and have an interest in high-growth companies with potential to provide a high return on investment. This early stage capital is important to the small business community throughout eastern NC and SC. WIN is proud to be a founding member of the Angel Capital Association and works with other angel investment groups in the area to leverage expertise, experience and financial power to help emerging companies.
WIN views The UNCW Entrepreneur as an important link to the Wilmington community and looks to other members for investing opportunities. Since becoming a UNCWEC member, WIN has invested in one start up company, and hopes to find other opportunities for investment.
View Company Website: Wilmington Investor Network