- March 25, 2014, 4 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the Military - Speakers will include: Dr. Brad Guay, Army Small Business Technology Transfer, program manager; T.A. "Mickey" Finn, North Carolina Military Business Center, strategic programs consultant; John Pannacione, Logic Bay CEO and VET to CEO organizer (CIE tenant)
April 24, 2014 - Big Employers Event - Five of the largest employers will share their five largest problems in their industry to open the minds of entrepreneurs to createsolutions for those problems Event Location: Terraces on Sir Tyler
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
May 22, 2014 - Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards - Event Location: UNCW Burney Center
June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Tera Disc, LLC
TeraDisc was founded in late 2007 to revolutionize the drug discovery and medical research processes by deploying proprietary high performance computing based life sciences software. The founders, Ed Addison and Lawrence Husick, are both serial entrepreneurs with extensive experience in new IT and biotech ventures. As of right now, TeraDisc is a virtual company of 5 people in 4 different states, eventually aiming to have a physical office in North Carolina, and due to the active small business climate and lifestyle that Wilmington offers, Ed Addison states that Wilmington is the leading candidate. Also, TeraDisc has benefited from the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center through networking and identifying local people to help grow the business. The company has also recruited an experienced biochemist, Dr. Shahar Keinan from Duke University and supercomputer designer Jason Lockhart from Virginia Tech, as well as biotech industry expert advisors Bruce Dawson and Dr. Sandy Weinberg. The company has recruited Dr. Iulian Bobe, a drug discovery industry veteran, as Director of Business Development.
TeraDisc is developing the largest and most comprehensive life sciences computing platform in existence, based on Virginia Tech’s award winning supercomputing cluster, System X. In a joint venture with Duke University called Affinity Biotechnology, TeraDisc is designing new early stage drugs for personalized medicine with its platform. TeraDisc focuses on rational drug design where high performance computing can be used to gain a competitive advantage. Using Inverse Design and its partnership with Duke University, TeraDisc has recently launched two rational drug design projects.They include: 1) a leukemia JAK7 inhibitor via a partnership with University of Florida, 2) T-cell lymphoma. Two additional cancer drugs in partnership with University of Florida are under review.
View Company Website: Tera Disc, LLC