More Upcoming Events
- August 11, 2014, 4 p.m. - The Business of Beer at the Beach - David Gardner, Angel Investor for Fortnight Brewing Company, Dino Radosta of White Street Brewing Company, and Derek Allen and Hayley Wells of Ward and Smith, P.A. will be here to discuss the growing business of microbreweries in North Carolina. Email email@example.com to RSVP. Thank you to our Event Sponsor, Ward and Smith, P.A.
- August 14, 2014, 10 a.m. - NC IDEA Fall 2014 Wilmington Info Session - For those interested in applying for NC IDEA Grants are encouraged to attend this free info session. Companies focused on software, information technology, medical devices or material sciences are encouraged to apply. To register, visit the registration page.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Startup Experience Lands HUGO Co-founder In Larger Startup Pond, GWBJ, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Bridges to Business - Business Radio X, 01.20.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
Signal is a creative communications agency founded by Rick Haynes in 1992. The company started as a small graphic design studio initially based in a room over his garage with a staff of two. The Raleigh firm grew and expanded to a second office in Wilmington in 1994 when the company’s art director followed his dream to move to the coast. Signal now has a total staff of about 30 and recently opened a third studio in Nashville, Tennessee. The firm has even gone international, with its information technology director working remotely in Germany since 2005. Signal’s customer list now includes clients like John Deere, GlaxoSmithKline, Quintiles, Gibbs & Soell Public Relations, Novartis and Bald Head Island.
From its roots in graphic design and web development, Signal has consistently expanded the scope of its capabilities and is now working on projects involving augmented reality and mobile application development. Signal has enjoyed associations with UNCW as an MBA Learning Alliance client and as a practicum company for the MBA program. The firm looks forward to continued involvement with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center.
View Company Website: Signal Design