2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 7, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - Jim Harvey's entrepreneurial spirit combined with a passion for helping customers succeed, drive him to help developers market and monetize their apps. In celebration of UNCW's commencement activities, Jim, a UNCW graduate, will be here to tell his story and share his experiences in business and in life since leaving UNCW. Register now!
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
In 1997, a designer, a programmer and an accountant realized they had the makings of a great company. Mike Duncan, Mike Kujawski and Ron Staton formed Sage Island and began producing a new level of software design for customers in Wilmington, NC. Their company has its foundation in software application development, serving high-profile government sector clients including OSHA. The agency quickly expanded into commercial web design and eventually full-service marketing. Today, Sage Island has built a powerful reputation through award winning designs, brand strategy, and Internet marketing services, including search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising. Using a fully integrated approach, the agency combines interactive and traditional marketing services to successfully increase visibility for local businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies, both nationally and internationally.
A lifelong supporter of UNCW academics, Mike Duncan is currently a member of the Information Systems/Computer Science Advisory Board and is involved with Wilmington Area IT Professionals and UNCW Business Week.
View Company Website: Sage Island