2015 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, February 26, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., at MARBIONC at CREST Research Park - Life Sciences: Growth and Funding, Breakfast Event - RSVP to email@example.com - visit www.uncw.edu/cie for more information.
- Wednesday, March 11, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., CIE - TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn - You are invited to our upcoming TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn where you will have the opportunity to meet Stratasys representatives, network with business professionals and learn more about the latest 3D printing technologies and services we offer. The event is free and lunch will also be served to all attendees. To register, visit the registration page.
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: email@example.com
CIE in the News
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
Kids Making It
Kids Making it was founded in 1994 as a volunteer effort and a pilot program was launched in 1997. KMI has currently been working full-time with Wilmington’s youth since 2000. Kids Making It is dedicated to teaching woodworking in a strong mentoring environment and instilling patience, pride, perseverance, confidence, teamwork and self-esteem. The kids are able to build character through community service projects and impart the truth of actions and consequences through the woodworking process.
Jeff Citrin, an Associate Director with Kids Making It, says they have been fortunate to develop strong relationships with other non-profits, community leaders, local businesses, UNCW, CFCC and our Wilmington Chamber of Commerce. Working together we have been able to offer expanded services and opportunities to our Wilmington Youth. KMI has recently helped a number of local kids overcome challenges. Citrin sees success every day in all of our kids from different background and socio-economic classes, who come together each afternoon to share tools and materials and work together to produce quality merchandise to sell to the public. We see them grow into mature, respected citizens in the process.
View Company Website: Kids Making It