2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Cortech Solutions was started in 2001 by Lloyd Smith to configure, install, support and provide education for advanced non-invasive systems that leverage brain imaging technology to objectively measure and act upon thoughts, desires and feelings in other words, Cortech Solutions makes mind-machine interfaces. Cortech Solutions work with small independent manufacturers around the world to develop advanced technologies, integrate those technologies into systems by developing bridge technologies (whether software or hardware) and sell, install and support the whole solution.
Smith, who after leaving Neuroscan, a medical device and scientific instrument manufacturer, thought that he and his wife may finally be able to realize their dream of starting their own company and living at the beach. Wilmington had everything on the Smith’s must have list, including airport with major carriers, hospital, university, low cost of living, good schools, good neighborhoods, a thriving historic district and ethnic diversity. Wilmington’s quality of place is what brought Lloyd here, and he feels it attracts a lot of other like minded people. Furthermore, Cortech Solutions has invested significantly in internships for UNCW students as well as collaborative research projects with faculty, honors undergraduates and graduate students in psychology, computer science and political science. Additionally, Cortech has contributed money, time and energy to supporting the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center and Business Week. This is all a part of a vision we have for how local companies should work with the university and vice-versa.
View Company Website: Cortech Solutions