2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Cortech Solutions was started in 2001 by Lloyd Smith to configure, install, support and provide education for advanced non-invasive systems that leverage brain imaging technology to objectively measure and act upon thoughts, desires and feelings in other words, Cortech Solutions makes mind-machine interfaces. Cortech Solutions work with small independent manufacturers around the world to develop advanced technologies, integrate those technologies into systems by developing bridge technologies (whether software or hardware) and sell, install and support the whole solution.
Smith, who after leaving Neuroscan, a medical device and scientific instrument manufacturer, thought that he and his wife may finally be able to realize their dream of starting their own company and living at the beach. Wilmington had everything on the Smith’s must have list, including airport with major carriers, hospital, university, low cost of living, good schools, good neighborhoods, a thriving historic district and ethnic diversity. Wilmington’s quality of place is what brought Lloyd here, and he feels it attracts a lot of other like minded people. Furthermore, Cortech Solutions has invested significantly in internships for UNCW students as well as collaborative research projects with faculty, honors undergraduates and graduate students in psychology, computer science and political science. Additionally, Cortech has contributed money, time and energy to supporting the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center and Business Week. This is all a part of a vision we have for how local companies should work with the university and vice-versa.
View Company Website: Cortech Solutions