Tips for your Alumni Lifetime Email account
Once you register for your email:
- Set up an out of office notice on your student email to inform others of your new email address
- Manually forward all emails that you would like to keep to your alumni email before your student email expires. When student emails expire, everything is deleted and you will not have access to your emails or contacts.
- Remember, your new emails are serviced by Microsoft's Office 365, and not supported by UNCW's TAC.
- Set up your alumni email on your mobile device: (These are only basic instructions, for a specific device please refer to the mobile service provider)
- Select Add Mail Account
- Enter full email address and password for alumni email account
- If you have the option, select either IMAP or POP
- Exchange server is pod51018.outlook.com
- Select: Use secure connection (SSL)
- Detailed instructions for individual devices can be found here
Questions about your student email?
Student email accounts are usually deleted after Drop/Add during the spring or fall semester. If you have questions about the date the accounts will be deleted, or are continuing to take classes at UNCW, please contact TAC at 910.962.4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options for your student email account.
Problems setting up or logging into your alumni email?
- Be sure that you REGISTER for your alumni email.
- Your temporary password is the first four letters of your last name and the last four digits of your Student ID. Not your Social Security number. For example Danielle Smith, 850123456 would have the temporary password smit3456.
- You cannot log into your alumni email through outlook on the UNCW server. Your email is hosted by Microsoft at mail.office365.com.
- Find more troubleshooting tips (PDF) to log in.
If you are still having trouble with your Alumni Lifetime Email, please send a message to Crystal George at email@example.com that includes your name, Student ID, month and year of graduation and the problem you are having. Please try to be as specific as possible so we can address your concern quickly.