- List of Parents Council Members
- Information for UNCW Parents
- UNCW Magazine
- UNCW Master Calendar
- Campus Map
- Future Meeting, Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 2013 Summer Events
Director of Development
UNCW Parents Council
UNCW Parents Council
601 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5925
agendas from past meetings
Larry Clark , dean of the Cameron School of Business, and Steve Harper, professor of Entrepreneurship, presented at the Fall 2012 meeting.
Parents Council families and their students attend a reception at Kenan House, home of the chancellor.
All UNCW parents are encouraged to become involved in the UNCW Parents Council. The council was created almost a decade ago and works hand-in-hand with the university administration. The UNCW Parents Council helps ensure you are an informed parent.
The group meets twice during the academic year, with one meeting during Family and Alumni Weekend in the fall and another during the spring semester. Between meetings, members serve as ambassadors in their geographic area to prospective UNCW students. Active participation in the UNCW Parents Council is a rewarding way to share in your student’s career.
Who we Are
The UNCW Parents Council is comprised of an active and enthusiastic group of parents whose mission is to:
- involve UNCW parents in campus and regional activities that promote the university
- enrich their students' college experience
- foster student career opportunities
- support the financial needs of the university
- make the college process a positive one for parents and their students
Our Role as Parents Council Members
- Attend meetings twice a year on campus with the chancellor, academic leaders and senior administration
- Host or attend summer events throughout the state for incoming students and parents
- Serve as ambassadors for the university by identifying future UNCW students in our own communities
- Work together to increase philanthropic support to create the most powerful learning experience for all of our Seahawk students
Unlimited possibilities await your student around each corner. Please join us to continue to make a difference in students' lives by becoming a member of the UNCW Parents Council. With your participation, you will be part of the select group of parents shaping the future of this university.