Discover how annual gifts help create unique learning opportunities by playing UNCW's new matching game.
Annual Gifts at Work
Unrestricted gifts to UNCW's colleges and schools enable the deans to take on new opportunities, strengthen existing programs and meet immediate needs that are not supported through other sources of funding.
Annual gifts make a difference in every academic department by providing funding for:
- Merit, diversity and need-based scholarships
- Updated classroom technology that gives students a competitive edge in the workplace and their internships
- Hands-on learning experiences that enable students to apply their knowledge in a real world setting while making a difference in the community
- Student research opportunities that resonate with employers and graduate schools
- Study abroad and cultural experiences that prepare students for a global market
Annual gifts to the UNCW Fund have an immediate impact on our students, enhancing their journey of learning at UNCW. Here are some examples of how gifts to the UNCW Fund have been put to use:
- The Publishing Lab sent 3 interns and MFA students to the National Book Awards Ceremony in New York City. Read more about their exciting experience in an article by Star News.
- The Cameron School of Business was able to host the Cameron Executive Network Speaker series in which experienced executives from around the world provided a unique teaching platform.
- The Center for Marine Science sent a student to present their research at the Annual Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology Conference.
- Six scholarships were awarded to students based on academic merit, need and contribution to inclusive excellence at UNCW.
- The Department of Educational Leadership and the Dean’s Office within the Watson College of Education hosted an International Student Dinner as part of International Education Week 2012.