Facts & Figures
Fall 2012 Enrollment Summary (approximate)
First-Year students come from 42 states and our
international student population continues to grow, representing 53
countries last year.
2012-2013 Total Student Budget
|COST PER ACADEMIC YEAR
(Fall & Spring Semesters)
|Tuition & Fees||$6,199||$18,301|
|Room & Board||$8,338||$8,338|
|Books & Supplies*||$985||$985|
|Loan Origination fee||$64||$64|
|TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE||$18,438||$30,540|
The Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina reserves the right to adjust these charges without prior notice.
* - estimated cost
+ - All NC public university students are required to have health insurance. The cost noted above is for those students who do not currently have health insurance; students with existing health insurance coverage may opt out of this charge.
Fall 2012 Accepted First-Year Student Statistics
- Middle 50% GPA: 3.71-4.33 (weighted)
- Middle 50% SAT (critical reading and math sub-sections only): 1130-1250
- Middle 50% SAT Writing: 530-620
- Middle 50% Total: 1670-1870
- Middle 50% ACT Composite (ACT with Writing score required): 23-28
- Middle 50% ACT Writing: 22-27
On average, the UNCW Office of Admission receives nearly 13,000 applications for 1,950 first-year spaces in the fall. Additionally, approximately 150 first-year students are offered spring admission through the First-Year Spring Admit (FYSA) program.
Fall 2012 Accepted Transfer Student Statistics
- Average Cumulative GPA - 3.11 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Average Transferable Semester Hours - 42
On average, the UNCW Office of Admission receives approximately 3,500 applications (fall and spring semesters combined) for approximately 1,500 transfer spaces per academic year.