- Active-Duty & Veterans
- Financial Aid & G.I. Bill
- Extension Campuses
- Support Services
- Student Involvement
- Transfer of Credit
- Contact Information
Military Undergraduate Admission:
Active-Duty & Veterans
Any active duty or military veteran who has served at least two years is eligible to apply using the Military Admission process outlined below.
Please watch a brief webinar highlighting the Military Admission process.
Admission Process & Requirements
- Apply as a transfer student online using SeaLevel by the published application deadlines. Complete and submit the application, essay and application fee.
(The application fee will be waived for all active-duty military applicants. When completing the payment portion of the application please select "pay by check" and select “submit”. Follow up with an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of birth and request for the active duty fee waiver.)
- Application Deadlines:
Summer & Fall - March 1 - EXTENDED
We will continue to accept and review applications on a space available basis.
Spring - October 15
Admission for the spring term is extremely limited.
- Request official high school and college transcripts (if applicable) be mailed to:
UNCW Office of Admissions
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5904
It is the applicant's responsibility to request that the registrar or administrative office for each institution they have attended sends an official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions.
SAT and/or ACT scores are not required.
If you are under the age of 24 you must have completed the state of North Carolina Board of Governors high school minimum course requirements (MCR) to be considered for admission. Click for more inforomation on MCR. If you do not meet these requirements please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions to discuss alternate options for admission.
- Request Military Transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts can be requested online for all branches of the service:
- Army, Coast Guard, Navy and Marine military transcripts can be requested through Joint Services Transcripts (JST).
- To request expedited Air Force transcripts please email email@example.com for additional information. You may also contact the Community College of the Air Force Registrar's Office at 334-649-5080.
- Questions regarding the admission process may be directed to Amanda Parkstone at 910.962.2550. You may also want to watch a brief webinar highlighting the Military Admission process.
Military Degree Completion Program Candidates
There are several degree completion programs offered through the various branches of the armed services. They include, but are not limited to:
- Marine SNCO Degree Completion Program
- Navy Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP)
- Army Medical Department Enlisted Commissioning Program (AECP)
- Army Degree Completion Program
If you are applying to participate in any of these programs and have
specific deadlines for submission of a letter of acceptance, transfer
credit evaluation, and/or program of study from UNCW:
1. Email Military Admissions approximately six to eight weeks prior to the military program deadline to discuss program details and UNCW procedures.
2. Submit your application and all required supporting documents (essay, high school transcript, military transcript, college transcripts, etc.) to UNCW at least four to six weeks prior to the military program deadline.