The neo-Georgian building style and beautiful landscaping throughout campus make UNCW one of the most attractive campuses in the South.
The newest buildings on campus include the Teaching Laboratory Building, McNeill School of Nursing, the Seahawk Crossing student residence facility, the campus’ first parking garage and a shellfish research hatchery at the Center for Marine Science.
- The Student Recreation Center was expanded in 2013 to nearly double its previous size and includes a new natatorium. Construction was funded by student fees.
- Wagoner Dining Hall was being renovated to increase seating capacity, new culinary stations and an expanded Chef's Table.
- The 70,536-square-foot Fisher Student Center opened in 2006 and is connected to the renovated Fisher University Union and the Burney Center by a covered colonnade.
- Warwick Center houses the financial aid office, student accounts and parking and transportation.
- Nearly completed is a new marine biotechnology building at UNCW's Center for Marine Science at Myrtle Grove. The center is one of the most technologically advanced coastal ocean science research facilities along the eastern seaboard. It supports research in oceanography, coastal and wetland studies, marine biomedical and environmental physiology, marine biotechnology and aquaculture, and marine geology.
- UNCW's Ev-Henwood 108-acre coastal forest research and teaching station in Brunswick County. The nature preserve is available for public tours.
- The Herbert Bluethenthal Memorial Wildflower Preserve, a 10-acre tract dedicated to the preservation of the rich and varied flora of southeastern North Carolina.
- The Upperman African-American Cultural Center is located in the University Union.
- Wise Alumni House, a stately historic mansion that serves as the alumni association's headquarters. The house was dedicated June 7, 1997, following repayment of the association's $400,000, three-year renovation loan. The university celebrated the 100th birthday of the house in 2009.
- Historic Kenan House is the home of UNCW's chancellor. It is a 7,500-square-foot Neoclassical Revival dwelling constructed in 1911 and deeded to the university by the Kenan family in 1968.