Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
Kimberly McLaughlin Smith
Office: (910) 962-4274
Fax: (910) 962-3935
Location: Fisher University Union, Room 2021E
- Performs a variety of tasks to assist in coordinating the successful implementation of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and programs on campus
- Coordinates and facilitates the delivery of professional development opportunities for UNCW Staff and Student Leaders ,related to current diversity strategies and best practices
- Assists in developing multi-cultural strategies for instruction, participates in the implementation of these strategies, and assists administrators with evaluating the effectiveness of diversity initiatives.
- Attends various workshops, seminars, and conferences to continuously update professional knowledge.
- Participates in various professional and community organizations, related to enhancing the university’s profile as it relates to diversity and inclusion in the region
- Host and Co-producer of Culturally Speaking Video Magazine for The Learning Network