Office of the Provost is located in Alderman Hall, Room 111
Seeking Nominations for Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award 2014
Deadline for nomination to the Provost’s office: February 28, 2014
Click here for more award information.
Nature of Awards and Recognition
The purpose of the award is to recognize all aspects of excellence in scholarship, research, and creativity including activities that involve colleagues and students. There shall be oneDistinguished Faculty Scholar Award Recipient each year. The recipient will receive a medallion to wear at official ceremonies (the University Convocations and Commencements), and a stipend contingent on the availability of funds.
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
The following criteria are intended to encompass various aspects of scholarship, research, and artistic achievement at undergraduate and graduate levels across the University. Nominees should embody as many of the following criteria as possible:
• Focused scholarly, research, creative agenda
• Experience convening conferences, editing or reviewing submissions for journals or other publications, and evaluating grant applications for professional or academic organizations
• Established record of internal and external grant funding
• Established record of collaborative research
• Integration of research into undergraduate and graduate courses and curriculum
• Guidance of students in thesis work, honor’s projects, or other research-related activities
• National and/or international peer recognition of scholarly contributions
• Innovative and/or original scholarly, research, creative contributions
• Demonstrated applications of research to benefit society
Procedures for Nomination and Selection
Any faculty member may nominate any other faculty member via a letter to the Provost’s office. Nominees must be tenured faculty who have been at UNCW at least 5 years and are not previous recipients of this award. All letters of nomination must indicate how the nominee satisfies the criteria for consideration. Nominations must be received in the Provost’s office no later than February 28, 2014.
Announcement of Recipient
Announcement and presentation of the award will be made at the Fall Faculty Meeting by the Faculty Senate President.
Click for a list of previous recipients.