Mid-term bills will be issued February 24, 2011. Payment will be due on March 30, 2011. Non-payment of this bill by March 30, 2011 will result in a hold being placed on your account. Holds prevent receipt of transcripts and/or registration for future classes
Letter from the VCBA
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT WILMINGTON
Charles A. Maimone
April 6, 2010
Dear Students and Parents,
Given the serious budgetary constraints we are experiencing at UNCW, like other schools in the UNC system, we can no longer justify the increasing cost of merchant card transaction fees. As such, the university has made two significant changes to the student payment process that I would like to bring to your attention so that you can plan accordingly.
- Effective July 1, 2010, individuals choosing to use credit cards to make payments to their student billing account will be assessed a 2.75% convenience fee. This fee will automatically be charged to the credit card and paid as a credit card banking transaction fee.
Effective July 1, 2010 VISA credit cards will no longer be accepted for payments to the student billing account. Unlike other merchant cards, VISA will not allow us to charge a percentage convenience fee. MasterCard will continue to be accepted and the university is working on agreements with American Express and Discover Card. We will keep you informed on our progress and will notify you as soon as possible.
We would like to encourage students and parents to consider one of the following payment options that are not subject to convenience fees:
- Students and Authorized Users may pay using WebCheck through the E-bill system. Funds are transferred from a checking or savings account without a convenience fee.
- Students can sign up for a Sallie Mae Payment Plan. This monthly installment plan program is not a loan and there are no interest charges. There is a nominal enrollment fee which varies according to the monthly payment plan selected. To enroll in a monthly payment plan, please visit tuitionpay.salliemae.com.
- Students and Authorized Users can print a copy of their E-bill Statement and mail in a check as payment along with the copy of their statement.
- Students and Authorized Users can pay with cash, check, or money order at the Cashier’s Office located in the Warwick Center.
Please accept my apology for any inconvenience these changes may cause you. If you have any questions or if we can be of any help in working through this change, please contact our student accounts office at (910) 962-4281 or reach us via email at email@example.com.
Vice Chancellor Business Services