SPOT Evaluation Forms
Every instructor is evaluated by students using the institution-wide Student Perception of Teaching (SPOT) questionnaire. Classroom and Computer Technology Services prints the SPOTS for faculty.
- Who do I contact with general questions about the printing and delivery of the SPOT forms?
Classroom and Computer Technology Services at 910-962-3541.
- Which course sections are never evaluated with SPOT forms?
SPOT forms are not printed for the following course sections:
Sections - 294, 491, 494, 498, 499, 599, 591 Course - GTA 500.
If you would like SPOT forms for one of these courses, please check with your department chair. The department chair can request that Classroom and Computer Technology Services print the forms.
- I need extra SPOT forms for a particular class. Where do I get these forms, and how do I fill them out?
SPOT forms are produced for each faculty member listed in Banner by course and section number. The number of SPOT forms produced for a class is consistent with the number of enrolled students. If for some reason you require additional forms, you may pick up them up in Hoggard Hall, room 234.
- I have a class that finishes before the SPOT forms are distributed. How can I get SPOTS early for this class?
If your class finishes early, have your department chair or departmental secretary notify Classroom and Computer Technology Services (910-962-3541). They will print the forms which will then be available for pickup in Hoggard Hall, room 234.
- I have not received the SPOT forms for my department. Who do I contact?
First contact your department chair, and then contact Classroom and Computer Technology Services at 910-962-3541.
- I have questions related to the final reports generated from the SPOT evaluations. Who do I contact?
Contact Ellen Gurganious at 910-962-4227.
For additional information on SPOT forms, including guidelines for the administration and use of these forms, please refer to the UNCW Faculty Handbook.