Connecting to UNCW's Wireless Networks
ITS provides two broadcast wireless networks for faculty, staff, students and guests at UNCW:
- seahawkguest - can be used by guests and allows access to the Internet through common Web ports. This network does not have access to UNCW resources.
- uncwwifi - can be used by UNCW faculty, staff and students to connect to the Internet and university resources.
*Note: To use the automatic configurations or view instructions on all links below, please log in with your full UNCW email address and password.
Configure Your System Automatically
You can use the links below to automatically configure your computer to connect to the uncwwifi network. Please choose your operating system for the correct configuration.
- Windows* - Click Run to run the wireless configuration script.
- Mac* - Mac users will need to download the file, double click on it, and click "open" to run the wireless configuration script.
Configure Your System Manually
You can also use the instructions in the handouts below to manually connect to the uncwwifi network. Please choose your operating system for the correct instructions.
*Note: If prompted, please log in with your full UNCW email address and password to view these instructions.
- Windows XP* (PDF)
- Windows Vista* (PDF)
- Windows 7* (PDF)
- Mac OS X* (PDF)
- Mac OSX Lion* (PDF)
- iPhone/iPod Touch* (PDF)
- Blackberry* (PDF)
- Android Systems Phones* (PDF)
Please contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) at 910-962-HELP (4357) if you have a different operating system than those listed above or if you are trying to use Banner on your laptop.