VPN: Off Campus Access to Files
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows for authenticated, encrypted connections to UNCW campus computing resources. You can access and use the Web servers and any other UNCW computing services from off-campus locations as if you were on campus. We recommend that any files you wish to access from off-campus through the VPN be moved to a shared server (such as Sammy or Timmy), rather than connecting to a local desktop in your office.
Setting Up & Downloading the VPN Client
IMPORTANT: Please note that both the download and the VPN client will only work off-campus
- Windows 8 Instructions in AskTAC
- Windows 7 Instructions in AskTAC
- Windows XP Instructions in AskTAC
- Mac Instructions in AskTAC
- Please read instructions above before downloading.
- Download the VPN Client (available only from off-campus) for all platforms here: VPN Client
Connect to your Work Computer via Remote Desktop
Remote desktop allows you to connect to your work computer from home (or any remote location) and access all of your programs, files and network resources. See details on the working remotely page here.
Contact the TAC if you need assistance.