Emergency: Dial 911 from any UNCW extension, including courtesy phones
- Police Alert Updated 07-08-2014
- Important Numbers
- Crime Log
- Active Shooter Training
- News Releases can be viewed at UNCW News & Events Site
- Have Questions? Check the FAQ
- What to do about Sexual Assault
- R.A.D. Self Defense Course for Women
- Interactive Campus Map
- Are You Being Stalked? (PDF)
- UNCW Police Record Request
- Campus Safety Q & A (PDF)
- Suspicious Packages (PDF)
- Suspicious Package Checklist (PDF)
Sexual Assault Reported to
UNCW Police Department
Consistent with the requirements of the Clery Act, UNCW is providing the following information to the campus.
At approximately 11:00 A.M. on Thursday morning a sexual assault was reported to the UNCW Police Department. The assault allegedly occurred earlier on Thursday morning at the on-campus residence of the female student victim. The alleged male suspect, also a UNCW student, is an acquaintance of the victim. UNCW police are investigating the case and, at this time, are not releasing further information.
UNCW and the greater Wilmington area have several resources available to assist victims of sexual assaults and other crimes, and to help prevent these types of circumstances from occurring. To learn more, please visit the webpage for UNCW’s Center for Assault Response and Education (CARE) http://uncw.edu/care/about.htm, where you can access information about personal safety, how to provide assistance to friends, and contact information for many services available both on and off campus.
To contact the University’s police department:
• In an Emergency dial 911 from any on-campus phone and cell phone.
• Non-emergency calls can be placed to 910.962.2222
• To share information anonymously call 962-TIPS or by e-mail from www.uncw.edu/police
• Text-a-Tip, text TIP708 and your message to CRIMES (274637). Your message must begin with TIP 708.
Let’s work together to make your UNCW experience a safe one.
David M. Donaldson
Chief of Police
University of North Carolina Wilmington